1. for the club Title The club shall be called Mirfield Angling Club, hereafter to be referred to as” the Club” and shall be affiliated to the Angling Trust/Fish Legal Governing Body.
2. Objects The conservation of fish, preservation of fisheries and to promote and encourage the proper enjoyment of the countryside, when and wherever possible to acquire suitable fisheries membership.
3. Membership The following are eligible for membership.
3.1 Membership of the club shall be open to any person paying the relevant subscription/joining fee as determined by the Annual General Meeting of the club members.
3.2 There shall be (6) classes of membership available, these are.
3.3 Full Adult Member.
3.4 Junior member,(16 years and under).
3.5 Senior Citizen (over 65 years) member.
3.6 Complimentary member
3.7 Honorary Life member
3.8 Limited Fishery access membership.
Honorary and Life memberships to be granted at the discretion of the committee.
4. Expulsion of members Members of the club whose conduct is inappropriate or who decline to abide by any of the club rules may be expelled or suspended by a resolution of the committee where their entrance fee and subscriptions will be forfeited. Members shall have the right to appeal in person to the committee with regard to any decision affecting themselves, provided that notice of appeal be submitted to the secretary in writing within 14 days of notification of the decision.
4.1 Confiscation of yearbook.
Mirfield A.C. yearbooks remain the exclusive property of the Club.
Members at the request of a club official or bailiff must allow their yearbook to be inspected. Any unsigned yearbook may be confiscated for further inspection by the ticket and licence secretary.
5. Officers The officers of the club shall be as follows.
President-non executive officer-usually an honorary position.
Vice President- non executive officer-usually an honorary position
Chairperson- executive officer.
Secretary- executive officer.
Vice Chairman-executive officer.
6 Election of officers. All officers shall be elected at the Annual General Meeting of the club, from, and by, the members of the club upon showing a valid club membership card/book.
All executive officers are elected for a period of 3 years, but may be elected to another office the following year, as per standing club rules 7.2.6.
7 . general Committee. The affairs of the club shall be controlled by the general committee comprising of the executive officers of the club and 10 other members elected from, and by the full members of the club, the general committee shall meet not less than 12 times per year.
7.2 The duties of the general committee.
7.2.1To control the affairs of the club on behalf of the members.
7.2.2. To keep accurate accounts of the finances of the club through the treasurer, these should be available for reasonable inspection by the members and should be audited before every AGM.The club shall maintain a current account and the following officers shall be authorised to sign club cheques, two from the chairman, treasurer, secretary.
7.2.3. To co-opt additional members of the committee as the committee feels this is necessary.
7.2.4. To make decisions on the basis of a simple majority vote, in the case of equal votes, the chairperson shall be entitled to a casting vote7.2.5. When elected a committee then stands for 3 years.
7.2.6. At least one third of the committee must seek re-election, each year.
7.2.7. Rule on attendance, prior apology counts as an attendance at meetings,3 meetings follow without either attendance or apology and the member is automatically deposed from the committee.
7.2.8.The committee are empowered to close any portion of water for fishing competitions.
7.2.9.A quorum for a committee shall be 3 full members and 2 officers of the club.